3 minute read
The most common struggle that companies are experiencing when they are creating and starting up a new website is that the optimization of the website’s design for user experience (UX) is insufficient. With this occurring, companies are finding that the website UX is weakening their sites visitors, as well as weakening the amount of consumers who utilize the company’s services or products. The Social of Digital Agencies (SoDA) notes that “77% of agencies believe that poor website UX is a weakness for their clients.”
In understanding, today’s emerging web design and where the main target of focus should be, the following will give information on statistics and data for the areas of general website design, website optimization, and UX.
Website Design & Redesign
Consumers are extremely selective of what they are viewing and reading. This is mainly due to a time crunch by most consumers.
- Most use an average of 6 devices and consume 12 sources of content (smartphones being the most frequently used device).
- When limited to 15 minutes, 66% of persons would rather view a video than read an article.
Entertainment value is increasingly more important due to more consumers being skeptical of content’s authenticity
- 25% of most consumers (35% for Millennials) value content that is entertaining rather than accurate.
- Nearly 70% trust a report from an eyewitness rather than one from a news anchor.
As consumers’ standards rise, so does the pressure on well-designed and easy to consume content.
- With a 15-minute time frame, 67% of consumers would rather view something beautifully designed compared to something simple and plain.
- Reasons for why consumers switch devices or give up on content: Image won’t load (46% switch, 39% stop); too long to load (44% switch, 39% stop); content too long (30% switch, 38% stop); and unattractive layout or imagery (35% switch, 38% stop).
Contact information and its importance.
- 51% feel that “thorough contact information” is the most important element that is missing from most company websites.
- 44% will eventually leave a company’s website if there is no contact information or phone number.
- Between December 2013 and 2015, internet consumption grew in the usages of a tablet (30%), smartphone (78%) and desktop (1%).
- When searching for B2B products, 40% of consumers use a smartphone or tablet.
- 69% state that it is important to have the phone number automatically dial when viewing the contact information via smartphone.
- Smartphones and other mobile devices account for approximately 2 out of every 3 minutes that is spent online.
- With 11% accessing the internet via desktop only and 13% via mobile only. The remaining consumers are found to use a combination of the two.
Usability & Website UX Stats
- Before looking at other sections on the site, 47% of consumers and users visit the company’s products/services page.
- On a company’s home page, 86% of consumers and visitors want to see information about products/services along with 52% wanting to view “about us” information and 64% wanting the company’s contact information.
- 50% of consumers use the navigation menu to orient themselves on the company’s website after finding the company on a referral site.
- 36% of consumers will click on the logo from a referral site to reach the company’s homepage.
Don’t Fail on Your Next Website Redesign, Download Our eBook Today!